BMO PRIVATE WEALTH / SCOTIA 1832
DBJ Hockey Tournament
Sunday March 27, 2022
Each team must raise a minimum of $3,600 to play.
A Stanley Cup replica will be presented to the winning team and the team's name and
members will be engraved onto the cup and a team dinner.
ARRIVING AT QUARTIER HOCKEY ARENA (formerly Evolution Ice)
When you get in the door, you will be asked to register and sign a standard players'
waiver form. We will have First Aide staff onsite for the duration of the tournament.
All Captains must bring a lock for their Team Locker Room.
Play well....... play safe....... NO CHECKING!
RULES OF PLAY
Section One: Governing Play
- All CHA rules are in effect unless otherwise stated.
- The co-chairs have final authority concerning all rules and regulations including,
but not limited to, suspensions, expulsions and general discretion of conduct.
Section Two: Teams
- A team can be composed of ten to eleven (10-11) skaters and one (1) goalie.
- Teams must start the game with a minimum of six (6) players ie: 5 skaters and a
- Each team will play four (4) players on the ice. 1 goalie and 3 players.
- Each team will be permitted to have ONE RINGER on their team. A ringer is
defined as anyone who is or has been paid to play hockey or who has played in
Section Three: Alternate Player Policies and Procedures
All players must complete a waiver form at the registration desk.
Section Four: Rules of Play
- All games will be NON-BODY CHECKING
- All games will be 2 periods. Each period is twenty (20) minutes of continuous
play. There will be a 3 minute warm up and a 2 minute intermission.
- Time will stop the last two (2) minutes of the game if the goal differential is 2 or
- All games will begin with a center ice face-off.
- All games will be officiated by a certified referee.
- Penalty shots will be done at time of penalty; not at end of game.
- When play is stopped due to the goalie freezing the puck or a goal was scored,
there will be a standard puck drop.
- There is no center-ice (red) line, and therefore no icing calls or offside
passes. There is offside....it’s called a “floating blue line” once the player is
onside through the blue line, the zone extends itself back to the center ice red
- There will be 1 TIME OUT per team
- If game is tied, it will go directly to NHL rules shoot out.
- Delinquent behavior on the ice will not be tolerated.
Section Five: Shifts
- If the buzzer is to sound during the course of a penalty breakaway situation, the
clock will be held and the players will be allowed to finish the exercise, but must
vacate the ice at the sound of the buzzer.
- In the absence of a goaltender, teams will play with four (4) skaters. The fourth
skater may not exit their zone except to change or in the last shift of the game.
Fourth skaters are not required to change on the buzzer and can change at any
Section Six: Minor Penalties
- Coincidental penalties shall result in a face-off at center ice.
- Any player having been assessed three (3) minor penalties in the same game will
be automatically ejected from the game.
Section Seven: Major Penalties
Major penalties will result in the immediate ejection of the offending player (s).
Section Eight: Standings
Round Robin - Each Team will play 2 games.
3 points for a win, 2 points for a shootout win, 1 point for a shootout loss.
Tiebreakers are as follows:
- Head-to-Head record (if applicable)
- Goals against.
- Coin toss.
Section Nine: Playoffs
- Consolation Final - 4th Place vs 5th Place
- Semi-Final - 2nd Place vs 3rd Place
- 1st Place of the Round Robin gets a Bye to the Finals
- Champion Final - Winner of Semi-Finals vs 1st Place of Round Robin